Hello there! I'm looking forward to meeting you.
I'm a Certified EMDR Clinician and I've practiced psychotherapy since 2008. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Northern Arizona University with a Master’s degree in Community Counseling. I'm independently licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners and I'm also a Nationally Certified Counselor. Having worked in the behavioral health field since 2004, I have a lot of experience serving a variety of populations, but I've developed a special focus in working with first responders and veterans. I also have extensive experience working with members of the LGBT community.
I really believe that therapy is a transformative and rewarding process. While supporting you in utilizing your own strengths and inner wisdom, our work will empower you to live to your full potential. Through the establishment of a stronger sense of self, you will be able to implement changes, find balance, and improve relationships by creating healthier connections.
I use cutting-edge, evidenced-based therapeutic techniques in my practice. As a Certified Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist, I've been able to conduct very successful therapy with patients with complex traumatic backgrounds. I also draw from advanced training in attachment theory to work through painful childhood experiences and to help clients learn to create positive healthy connections. I have a special interest in complementary alternative practices and often look to these modalities to support patients from a holistic perspective.
I am a member of the Arizona Trauma Recovery Network, a volunteer community of EMDR Professionals dedicated to preventing PTSD. Members are ready to provide an immediate front line response in the case of an emergency situation or disaster in Arizona.
I grew up in Washington State but I've been a resident of Arizona since 1984. My husband Matt and I reside in Queen Creek with our 3 dogs. I love hiking and I feel closely connected to the Sonoran Desert region in the US and in Mexico.
I co-founded EMDR Transformations with Deana Charter, and we brought together a comprehensive team of clinicians with advanced skills and a vast array of experience. We're all specialized in EMDR, making our practice the place to be if you want to overcome your past and achieve your goals. I offer a free 15 minute phone or telehealth consultation. If it doesn't feel like I'm the best fit for you, or if you can't get into my schedule soon enough, I would be happy refer you to one of my colleagues.
I believe in continuing education to stay on top of new information and to deepen my understanding of specific concepts and techniques. Some of the specialized advanced trainings that I have attended are:
- EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol
- Mindful Resonance with EMDR Therapy - Irene Siegel
- Treating Complex Trauma with EMDR Therapy: Working with the Body and Attachment - Deany Laliotis
- Dance of Attachment: An EMDR Relational Approach - Deany Laliotis
- Treating Early Attachment Wounds with Sensorimotor and EMDR Therapy - Lana Epstein
- Implicit Trauma Protocol Training - Katie O’Shea
- Healing the Wounds of Attachment and Rebuilding Self - Deany Laliotis
- Structural Dissociation Training - Sara Jenkins
- Relational EMDR Therapy: Taking the Journey to the Next Level - Deany Laliotis
- Simplifying Complex PTSD: New Treatment Approaches and EMDR 2.0 - Ad de Johngh, Ph.D and Suzy Matthijssen, Ph.D
- Treating First Responders and Military with EMDR Therapy: Foundations for Effective EMDR Treatment - Dr E.C. Hurley
- US Journal International Conference and Trauma and Addiction 2019 - Bessel Van der Kolk, Janina Fisher Ph.D, Alan Downs Ph.D.
- EMDRIA ANNUAL CONFERENCES 2015, 2017, 2019